Central and West Integration Network was established in September 2009 and became registered as a Scottish Charity in 2011.
In 2017 we became a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO).
We aim to build a network that brings people together, including formal and informal community groups, agencies and individuals, to seek to ensure that all refugees, asylum seekers, migrant workers and BME communities in Central and West Glasgow have full and equal access to resources which assist in alleviating poverty, improving their standard of living and promoting their settlement and integration within the wider community. We do so especially by building the strengths of groups within and across communities, and whenever possible by bringing together people from different communities, including the majority community, for common action and activities.
Our services include
- Mothers and children group
- Emergency Food Aid
- Drop in service
- Women’s Groups in various locations in Glasgow
- Weekly information bulletin to other agencies and individuals
- Capacity building programme for Migrant led organisations
We also hold events at different times in the year including
- International Women’s Day
- Refugee Week
- Black History Month
- 16 Days of Action campaign against domestic violence
- Varied other events to link into local, national and international programmes